So you’ve got your mask, you’re only shopping once a week for “essentials” and you’re six feet away from everyone at all times.
Wow, you’re really knocking this pandemic thing out of the park.
Yes, I’m being sarcastic.
Are you REALLY using this pandemic to your advantage? I don’t mean for you, your EGO. The person that’s scared of getting sick, worried the lady behind you in the check out line is coughing on you. I’m talking to the spiritual you, the divine being that God created to take care of his beautiful creation. Has THAT person taken advantage of the pandemic? You were sent here for a very specific reason; to love others. Lucky for us, loving has nothing to do with physical proximity to people. It has everything to do with kicking your ego to the curb, and taking up a loving posture to everything you do.
Below is a handy list for what that spiritual being in you can do during this time to amp up the love. Do one or all of these before the pandemic ends. Add as necessary.
1. Go shopping for someone else.
2. Check-in on three people you wouldn’t usually reach out to.
3. Offer to do yardwork/outdoor chores for someone.
4. Send a letter to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while.
5. Send a new toy, book to a friend who is home with kids (bonus points if this is a craft).
6. Take someone on a socially distanced walk.
7. Take someone’s dog for a walk (bonus if this person is currently quarantining with kids).
8. Wash someone else’s car.
9. Send flowers to someone, just because.
10. Buy someone an online yoga/pilates/dance class.
A nice mix of things, no? Most of these only require your time and energy. So get started, make the most of this pandemic, before things go back to “normal.”
I love this whole list!!